GivingTuesday is on November 29, 2022. It's coming up fast, and we want you to feel prepared—So we’re going to help you get there. As we come closer and closer to GivingTuesday 2022, we’ll release brand new resources for you to leverage in your campaign and get the results you want.
Participating charities benefit more...
The main lesson to take away from past analysis of GivingTuesday and End of Year fundraising results is that you need to participate to benefit. Last year, over $43 million was raised for Canadian charities on GivingTuesday.
Charities that participate in GivingTuesday...
on the day of GivingTuesday
than non-participanting charities.
more than non-participating from the
day after GivingTuesday through to December 31st!
The Ultimate GivingTuesday Guide
A brand new campaign toolkit to make it easier than ever for charities to participate. Complete with social media posts, email templates, and campaign timelines!Take me to the Guide
A Social Media Calendar and Assets
Not sure how to promote the big day? We've got you covered. Checkout our helpful calendar and ready-to-share social media assets for a strong GivingTuesday digital presence!Take me to the Social Assets
Your GivingTuesday Checklist
Is your campaign planning on track? What’s coming next? Ready to launch? Our GivingTuesday checklist is designed to keep you organized and launch your best campaign to date!Take me to the Checklist
What is GivingTuesday Canada?
Co-founded in Canada by CanadaHelps and GIV3, GivingTuesday is one of the biggest days of giving annually. It’s an opportunity to come together to make an immediate impact.GivingTuesday FAQs
This year, CanadaHelps has put together a new campaign toolkit to make it easier than ever for charities to participate. The toolkit includes email templates, social media templates, and a sample campaign plan.
With the help of our toolkit, charities will be able to reach more donors, raise more money, and make a bigger impact.
Here's what you'll be getting:
Should My Charity Participate?
10 Reasons Your Charity Should Participate in GivingTuesday
Since its inception, GivingTuesday has grown into a massive movement. Last year, over $43 million was raised for Canadian charities and more than 6 million Canadians participate annually. But even with its success, many charities are skeptical about getting involved.
And while it makes sense to be cautious about getting involved in something new, there are plenty of good reasons why your charity should participate in GivingTuesday.
Your #GivingTuesdayCA Checklist
Is your campaign planning on track? What’s coming next? Ready to launch? Our GivingTuesday checklist is designed to keep you organized and help you monitor all the moving pieces in your campaign.
In this checklist, you’ll get:
- Tips on what it takes to plan and prepare a successful GivingTuesday campaign.
- A high-level GivingTuesday tasks timeline, spanning two weeks before to the days after.
- Recommendations on what to keep track of to make your campaign even better next year.
Ready to start checking things off? Download the checklist!
The #GivingTuesdayCA Social Media Calendar
Social media is a transformative, low-cost way for your charity to access and mobilize your most passionate supporters. But planning a proper social campaign can take energy, consideration, and a bunch of different stakeholders. We’ve created this social media calendar so the magic can happen all in one place.
With this social media calendar, you’ll be able to:
- Leverage the calendar sheet to organize which campaign message is released when.
- Manage a copy deck you can fill in to prep your tweets and posts well in advance, with all the pieces (images, copy, CTA) in a centralized location.
- Review your social success as you go, and compare year over year, with our handy reporting sheet.
This #GivingTuesday, get your social down pat so you can make the most of your online community’s passion for your work.
1. What is GivingTuesday Canada?
GivingTuesday Canada is a national day of giving that takes place on November 29th this year. It's a day for Canadians to come together and donate to charities and causes that are important to them. This national day of giving was established to counter the focus placed on consumerism during Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
2. How do I get involved with GivingTuesday Canada?
To participate in GivingTuesday, you simply have to raise money on GivingTuesday. You can do this by creating a campaign on CanadaHelps.org, or by collecting donations through another platform.
It's best to start spreading the word weeks before GivingTuesday. Use social media, email, and face-to-face interactions to tell people about your campaign and why they should donate.
3. What are some ways that my charity can participate in GivingTuesday Canada?
There are many ways that your charity can participate in GivingTuesday Canada. Some ideas include:
- Encouraging your supporters to donate to your charity on GivingTuesday Canada
- Organizing a giving campaign or event for GivingTuesday Canada
- Partnering with other charities or businesses to promote GivingTuesday Canada
- Start a campaign on CanadaHelps.org to collect donations on GivingTuesday.
4. How can I promote my charity's involvement in GivingTuesday Canada?
There are a number of ways that you can promote your charity's involvement in GivingTuesday Canada. Some ideas include:
- Creating social media posts about GivingTuesday Canada and tagging GivingTuesday Canada in them
- Sending e-mails to your supporters about GivingTuesday Canada
- Partnering with other charities or businesses to promote GivingTuesday Canada
5. What are some things to keep in mind when promoting my charity's involvement in GivingTuesday Canada?
When you're promoting your charity's involvement in GivingTuesday Canada, it's important to keep a few things in mind:
- Make sure that you're clear about how donations will be used
- Encourage people to donate to causes that they're passionate about
- Encourage donations throughout the giving season, not just on GivingTuesday
6. How can I thank my supporters for donating to my charity on GivingTuesday Canada?
There are a number of ways that you can thank your supporters for donating to your charity on GivingTuesday Canada. Some ideas include:
- Sending a personal e-mail or handwritten note
- Posting a thank-you message on social media
- Creating a thank-you page on your website
- Displaying a thank-you message in your physical space
For more information about how to transition these GivingTuesday donors into lifetime donors, read more here.
7. What resources are available to help me promote my charity's involvement in GivingTuesday Canada?
There are a number of resources available to help you promote your charity's involvement in GivingTuesday Canada. Some of these resources include:
- The GivingTuesday Canada website - The GivingTuesday Canada website has a number of resources that you can use to promote your charity's involvement in GivingTuesday Canada. These resources include logos and printables.
- The CanadaHelps GivingTuesday toolkit. This includes a number of resources that you can use to promote your charity's involvement in GivingTuesday Canada, including social media templates, e-mail templates, project planners and sample campaigns.
8. I still have more questions about GivingTuesday Canada, where can I find more information?
If you have questions about GivingTuesday and how to make the most out of it with your CanadaHelps account, you can contact us at email@example.com. You can also find more information about GivingTuesday Canada on the GivingTuesday Canada website.
#GivingTuesdayCA Social Media Assets
Not sure how to promote this? We've got you covered.We've put together some helpful ready-to-share social media messages to help you spread the word to your donors.
Here, you'll find social assets for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Download Social Media Assets Now
This #GivingTuesdayCA, spread the word and get your entire audience involved. Together, we give!